Lifestyle Advice & Treatments
The information we present on lifestyle and treatments available is provided as guidance to help you understand the condition.
For full information about FH and treatments available, please consult a medical professional.
Making healthy lifestyle choices helps reduce the risk of heart disease associated with familial hypercholesterolaemia. Recommended changes to improve heart health include:
- Opting for a healthy diet
- Choosing to eat foods that actively lower cholesterol
- Becoming more physically active – exercising regularly
- Stopping smoking
- Drinking alcohol in moderation
- Monitoring your weight – losing weight and reducing the circumference of your waist if you are overweight – and then maintaining these changes
FH Europe is supported by an educational grant from Amgen Limited, Sanofi, Regeneron, Akcea Therapeutics Inc. and Amryt